Consultant in pig production and works for PORC.SPECTIVE Swine Vet Practice and REZOOLUTION Pig Consulting Services
Noyal Pontivy, France
VISION OF ESPHM 2020+1
“I would say that I am quite frustrated with the cancellation of ESPHM 2020. As a practitioner and for all my team, the congress is source of inspiration. It is an important time to take knowledge and to exchange with european and american colleagues. It is an honour for me to participate to the organisation of the future events. I hope that the VPC will contribute to get the congress even more practical for practitioner with the possibility of putting things into practice upon their return to their practice.”
– 1991-1995 DVM (Nantes, 1995)
– 2000-2002 Diplomate of the French swine specialization program, CEAV
– 2013-2023 Diplomate of the European College of Porcine Health Management (ECPHM)
PRESENT PROFESSIONAL POSITION
Consulting (full time) in pig production in France and in Europe especially for pig producers, genetic companies, feed companies, pharmaceutical labs since 1998.
– 2007- Member of National Council of veterinary specialization (CNSV)
– 2008- Vice-president of French swine specialization program, CEAV
– 2015 Member of the organisation committee of ESPHM 2015, Nantes.
MORE RECENT PEER-REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS RELATED TO PRRSV-1 AND DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS
1. Normand V., Boulbria G., Brissonnier M., Bachy V., Moalic PY., Berton P., Bouchet F., Lebret A. Comparison of qPCR and blood smear microscopy for the diagnosis of Mycoplasma suis in a French veterinary practice. PHM Journal (2020) 6 :3.
2. Brissonnier M., Normand V., Lebret A., Moalic PY., Guyomard AS., Bachy V., Berton P., Auvigne V., Bouchet F., Boulbria G. Frequency of detection infection with Mycoplasma suis in gestating sows using qPC R on ten commercial French herds, and impact of the infection on clinical, haematological and biochemical parameters. PHM Journal (2020) 6 :13.
3. Boulbria G., Normand V., Leblanc-Maridor M., Belloc C., Berton P., Bouchet F., Lebret A. Feasibility of pooled oral fluid collection from pre-weaning piglets using cotton ropes. Veterinary and Animal Science 9 (2020) 1-5.
4. Renson P., Fablet C., Andraud M., Normand V., Lebret A., Paboeuf F., Rose N., Bourry O. Maternally-derived neutralizing antibodies reduce vaccine efficacy against Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus infection. Vaccine (2019), https: //doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2019.06.045.
5. Lebret A., Boulbria G., Berton P., Moalic PY., Le Guennec J., Bouchet F., Auvigne V., Normand V. Monitoring PRRSV-1 in suckling piglets in an endemic herd using reverse transcriptase quantitative real time polymerase chain reaction: comparison of the rate of detection in serum and oral fluid samples and evaluation of pooling. PHM Journal (2019) 5 :8.
6. Eclercy J., Renson P. Lebret A., Hirchaud E., Normand V., Andraud M., Paboeuf F., Blanchard Y., Rose N., Bourry O. A Field Recombinant Strain Derived from Two Type 1 Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus (PRRSV-1) Modified Live Vaccines Shows Increased Viremia and Transmission in SPF pigs. Viruses (2019), 11, 296.
7. Berton P., Normand V., Martineau GP., Bouchet F., Lebret, A. Waret-Szkuta A. Evaluation of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome stabilization protocols in 23 french farrow-to-finish farms located in a high-density swine area. PHM Journal, Case study (2017).
8. Renson P., Touzain F., Lebret A., Le Dimna M., Quenault H., Normand V., Claude JB., Pez F., Rose N., Blanchard Y., Bourry O. Complete genome sequence of a recombinant porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus strain from two genotype 1 modified live virus vaccine strains. Genome announcements Vol 5 issue 22, 2017.